POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Try this : Re: WARNING! STOOPID UNINSTALLER! (was - Re: Try this) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WARNING! STOOPID UNINSTALLER! (was - Re: Try this)
From: Rudy Velthuis
Date: 2 Mar 1999 07:16:28
Message: <36dbd69c.0@news.povray.org>
Peter Houston schrieb in Nachricht <36daf4b0.0@news.povray.org>...
>Rudy Velthuis wrote in message <36d983db.0@news.povray.org>...
>>
>>I am very sure. I also had a hard time believing it, but the entire
>>directory, including the subdirectories I made, was gone. This must be a
>>"glitch" in the Wise installer/uninstaller.
>>
>>Normally, uninstallers then say: couldn't delete directory "blabla", and
>>leave it as it is. Unwise didn't do that here.
>>

>Happend to me too, I lost my IRTC Entry Source files among other things :(,
>at least I managed to upload the image before this disaster.

Then your worse of than me. I only lost some unimportant scenes and some
downloaded utilities and/or scenes, which I can easily update or rewrite.

I did one thing out of the ordinary though: I chose custom uninstall (I
always do, when installing/uninstalling) and perhaps inadvertently selected
my directories too - I don't remember, actually. Did you do a standard or a
custom unistall?

--
Rudy Velthuis